Saturday, May 19, 2012

An Interactive Story: An Excerpt

I had nothing. Absolutely nothing.
I clutched the five cent coin she gave me years ago. I looked at it intently and stared at the heavens which seemed to connive with my sadness by pouring on what seemed like tears of angels who pitied me. I turned my gaze on the clear, gushing stream unperturbed by the impact of raindrops dead set on disturbing its flow.

I was wet, so were my books, phone and notes. It meant nothing to me now. No. There was nothing wrong with me. It was just that. It had to happen so soon. So soon. In the happiest time of my life. It had to happen. It was my fault.

I wished to turn back time. I wished I never moved here. Bright lights suddenly illuminated the water. A car must have pulled over.

"Found you, said Leo. He covered me in a raincoat and knelt in front of me. "Let's go before you catch a cold."

I was confused. Why was I here in the first place? This same spot. This five cent coin. The hollow log near the side of the river. The stones that were scattered in front of me. Liquid flowed in my cheeks. I wasn't sure whether it came from my eyes or the rain. Leo tried to lift me up, but I stayed planted on the ground. He doesn't understand the feeling... and I hope he would never get to experience it. I was pathetic, inconsiderate and furious at myself for being in this position... for being the unwanted burden of my best friend.

"You idiot, he said, managing a fake smile. Come on now, I know you've had a... pretty bad day."

Bad day? Such insensitive words. I'll let it slide for now. I stood up and threw the five cent coin at the stream. Leo let out a sigh of relief.

"Sorry bro, I said. She wouldn't want me.....

I tried to smile. I failed. My legs gave way. I sat on the ground, crying like a newborn. Leo didn't know what to do. He just stood there and mumbled "let it all out."

***
I stared at the bowl of soup in front of me. Chicken soup. It was for the soul they said. A towel was draped unto my shoulder. It was either damp with shower water or my tears. I couldn't eat. The feeling on my stomach rendered me unable to pick up the silver spoon lying in front of me. I'm a failure.

Eondrei stood with Leo at the door, bidding me and Lora goodbye. Chelsea was already in bed, which was a good thing. She needn't see me in this state.

"Eat, said Lora. I'll be in front of you."

For what? It didn't make any sense to me.

_______________________________________

Blogger's note:

If you get what happened to him, just write a comment and I'll respond ASAP!

If you wish to continue the story, also comment!

Part two will be written soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment