Monday, May 20, 2013

Taxi Rides

Every time I ride a taxi alone, I remember that night. The night you clutched my arm and rested your head on my shoulder. The night your soft, God-carved fingers locked into mine. The night when the sweet fragrance of your ebony black hair was an aphrodisiac; I was addicted and drunk. The night I kissed your forehead multiple times whilst looking at your lips.... longing for the day when I would be allowed to raise your chin and press mine into yours. Longing perhaps, to hear the words I would say before bidding goodbye. Longing....to hold your hand while we walked the same path in life. To see you smile... to see euphoria etched in your angelic facade, to see your eyes look into my own the same way I looked into yours.... it was all I ever dreamed of. To hear our hearts beat in unison, like a thousand horsemen in full gallop.

Fate had decided but you had other plans. Mutual love between us was never possible. Though unrequited, I was truly happy...blinded perhaps, but happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment