Tuesday, April 9, 2013

It is done




The die is cast
The future has a new foundation
While the past is a euphoric memory
Hoping to be forgotten.


The transcendence of what we once had
Would send thousands into a frenzy
Love sought, promises broken 
All led to me looking back.


To pursue what we once had
Will be another fruitless undertaking
Will madness or stupidity prevail?
Or will a divine light intervene?

The clock ticked as we held hands
Mindlessly ignorant of our fate
A fate you decided
A fate I never hoped to endure.


In times of bliss, you were the cause
In times of sorrow, you weren't there
I wish I could have done more
Too late, the thing I dread had come to pass.


You will no longer see at my lowest
Nor will you see me at my best
I have come to realize that I was a fool
A fool that fell for someone far away from me


I will not part with you with feelings of contempt
But with a heavy heart, please remember that I loved you
And promise that you'll be happy
And that you'll make the right choices life gave you.





I love you, Kez.

No comments:

Post a Comment